The Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAs) are an international awards programme designed to recognise the outstanding performers in different areas of security globally. Not jut in Europe, but also Africa, Australia and the US.
The OSPAs are based on ethical principals. So, in each country, the leading security associations and groups nominate a judge, always a leading expert, and they agree to mark to an ethics policy. So, they mark independently; against published criteria (that have been researched and are different for each category); and they are required to declare any conflict of interest on their mark sheet.
>> LEES OOK: De OSPA’s nu ook in de Benelux
Winners in one country are publicised across the world. This is the elite of awards, judged by independently appointed experts, who are governed by ethical considerations, in a programme that is supported by the leading security associations around the world. Here are just some of the benefits of the OSPAs:
Reasons to enter include:
- It provides an opportunity for people/teams/companies/initiatives to raise their profile
- It enables winners to stand out from the competition; only the very best can win an OSPA
- It generates enormous opportunities – nationally and internationally- for brand exposure
- It is an association with excellence
- It attracts recognition across the world
- It facilitates the opportunity to benchmark achievements
- It enthuses employees; the ultimate recognition of outstanding performance
There are many more reasons and they can be found in the words of winners across the world who have provided comments on the website: www.theospas.com.
Now the awards are coming to the Benelux, providing an opportunity for the very best practitioners from Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg to showcase excellence and be recognised for it. Entry to the 2020 Benelux OSPAs is now open and nominations are invited in the following categories.
- Outstanding Security Team
- Outstanding Security Consultant
- Outstanding Customer Service Initiative
- Outstanding Security Training Initiative
- Outstanding Police/Law Enforcement Initiative
- Outstanding Risk Management Solution
- Outstanding New Security Product
- Outstanding Cyber/Information Security Company
- Outstanding Female Security Professional
- Outstanding Young Security Professional
- Lifetime Achievement
The OSPAs are unlike any award scheme anywhere. If you know of a good individual, team, company initiative, now is your chance to nominate them, if you are good, now is the moment to put yourself forward. Nominations are open until 16th March 2020. Winners will be announced at a Thought Leadership Summit taking place in The Hague on 11th June 2020. This is in itself the ultimate networking event; the gathering of the very best people and companies across the region.
More information about the Benelux OSPAs can be found here.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Professor Martin Gill
Volg Security Management op LinkedIn